domingo, 8 de noviembre de 2009

Sam Taylor Wood


Yesterday I went to the second part of the Lagrimas de Eros exhibition. While the main exhibition takes place in the Thyssen, the second part is free and held near Sol. The exhibition brings together works of all types from different centuries which are linked by a singular theme: eroticism. While walking around the small second part, I had the joys of re-discovering Sam Taylor Wood's art. Although many people huddled around the Endymion-esque Beckham, my attention was attracted by one of her self portraits which reminded me of her single shot video featuring Robert Downey Jr. for Elton John's song 'I want love' (link below). Nominated for the Turner Prize, Taylor Wood is a female artist working through mediums of photography and cinema. Her work explores themes such as the public and private and self absorbtion often including her own image in her works.

Sam Taylor Wood is my female artist of the month!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_u6l7EsQMc

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario